Monday, July 7, 2014

MTT On My Own: Week 1

It's been a week since I started the busy part of my summer break.  Here is how marathon training has gone:

Monday

I spent my rest day by packing 7 weeks' worth of clothes and things in my car and driving 8 hours from Richmond, Virginia to Cleveland, Ohio to my parents' house.  

Tuesday

I woke up early and ran the 3 miles planned for today in the Cleveland Metroparks with my parents' dog.  Though she LOVED the run, she was exhausted the rest of the morning since my mom doesn't run with her regularly.

laying on the floor with the exhausted pooch after our run

Wednesday

I again woke up early and ran the planned 4 miles, this time in one of the neighborhoods near my parents' house.  I decided to not take the pooch with me, since yesterday's run had exhausted her and today's run was longer.

Thursday

The past 3 days caught up with me (up early, things to do all day, then bed after 10pm), so I slept in instead of getting up early to do today's hill workout.

Friday

I repacked my car and drove 4.5 hours up to Fillmore, New York to the first summer camp I'll be helping out at this summer.  This is a 2 week long summer school camp for kids who are of Hungarian descent.

Saturday

I woke up early and went for an 8 mile run along the camp roads.  Two of the ladies who are here at camp to help out came to run with me, but they only ran the first 2 miles with me because they were helping out in the kitchen and with final preparations before the campers arrived at 11am.  [When I had mentioned on Friday evening that I would be getting up early to go for my run, these two ladies asked if they could join my on my run since they were also trying to run regularly.]  Later in afternoon, one of the other young ladies who's here to help out at the camp asked me if I ran in the morning.  When I told her that I did, she said that she and her boyfriend (who's also here at camp helping out) also want to join me in my morning runs because they had promised each other that they would run regularly at camp.  [Sounds like I'm starting my own running group here at camp.]
even though I've been coming to this Hungarian Scout park since I was 4 years old
for various camps and events, this was the first time that I had done a run
workout here.....I ran 4 loops on the camp roads, each loop was about 2 miles


Sunday

Today was to be a cross training day according to the marathon training plan.  Since I'm at camp for the next 2 weeks, my cross training is walking everywhere at camp, which probably adds up to several miles each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment